Tacitus (55-120) quotes
- A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man.
- Candor and generosity, unless tempered by due moderation, leads to ruin.
- He that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day; but he that is in battle slain, will never rise to fight again.
- Many who seem to be struggling with adversity are happy; many, amid great affluence, are utterly miserable.
- No one would have doubted his ability to reign had he never been emperor.
- To show resentment at a reproach is to acknowledge that one may have deserved it.
Thoughts & Comments