Socrates (469 BC- 399 BC) quotes
- An honest man is always a child.
- As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
- As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.
- From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.
- He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy.
- He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
- If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
- It is not living that matters, but living rightly.
- Let him that would move the world first move himself.
- Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live.
Thoughts & Comments