Plato (427 BC- 347 BC) quotes
- A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.
- Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another.
- As the builders say, the larger stones do not lie well without the lesser.
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Death is not the worst that can happen to men.
- He who is not a good servant will not be a good master.
- Neccesity, the mother of invention.
- No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
- Only the dead have seen the end of war.
- The measure of a man is what he does with power.
- The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so.
- Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
- Your silence gives consent.
Thoughts & Comments