Martin Luther (1483-1546) quotes
- All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
- Be thou comforted, little dog, thou too in resurrection shall have a little golden tail.
- Blood alone moves the wheels of history.
- Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
- Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.
- Forgiveness is God's command.
- I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.
- I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.
- I more fear what is within me than what comes from without.
- If you young fellows were wise, the devil couldn't do anything to you, but since you aren't wise, you need us who are old.
- Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.
- Reason is the enemy of faith.
- The Lord commonly gives riches to foolish people, to whom he gives nothing else.
- You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.
Thoughts & Comments