Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) quotes
- A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite.
- All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
- All violence consists in some people forcing others, under threat of suffering or death, to do what they do not want to do.
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
- He never chooses an opinion; he just wears whatever happens to be in style.
- I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.
- In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
- The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.
- We lost because we told ourselves we lost.
- Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible.
Thoughts & Comments