Confucius (551 BC- 479 BC) quotes
- A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
- Ability will never catch up with the demand for it.
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Death and life have their determined appointments; riches and honors depend upon heaven.
- Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.
- I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
- In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
- It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
- Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
Thoughts & Comments